Thursday 12 January 2012

Response to Comment

I feel that I have to respond to Meldujour's comment on my last post about reading books on my mobile.

When I was looking for a new phone my criteria were:

Smart phone
Have to have internet access

Must have a camera
Must be able to get twitter
Has to have a reader app

The reader app was important because I would never have to be without a book or something to read. But sometimes, you can't take a book with you.
Meldujour has pointed out to me several times that I am rarely without a book so that argument does not hold water. (See her comment)

BUT I had that exact situation.
On Tuesday I went to a different office to work and because I had meetings, I wasn't sure if / when I would get a lunchbreak so I didn't take my book.  I did get a lunchbreak as it happened, but I had left my book at home and had nothing to read!!!

Luckily, I had my mobile phone with me with my reader app!!! So I was able to pass the time pleasantly reading even though I didn't have a book with me.

The pages are a sort of sepia colour so it's not like reading computer glare and the screen is quite big so it was pleasant enough to read on my phone. (All free books so I haven't broken my challenge.)

I rest my case.

2 comments: