Tuesday 3 January 2012

100 books a year

In addition to my frugal book challenge, my best friend R suggested (And my sister M seconded) a further challenge of trying to read 100 books in a year.
I checked and the book I started on boxing day (the day I decided on the frugality challenge) counts in my 100 books.
I finished it last night.
99 more to go.
The book is "She Wolves" by Helen Castor and is an assessment of the lives and reigns of 4 of the medieval Queens of England.
The Queens in question are Matilda, Eleanor of Aquitaine, Isabella and Margaret of Anjou.
It galloped through 200 years of history and there was a lot of referring to the family trees (everyone is related about 4 time over and all had similar names) but I really enjoyed it and would definitely read more by Helen Castor.
VG, Helen Castor, Well Done.
My next book is Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.

No comments:

Post a Comment