Sunday 8 January 2012

13 days in -

 - and I'm two books down already. Yesterday I finished "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" which is a novel about a boy who goes to Wales after his Grandfather dies in Florida. I can't review it fully as I am passing it on to my sister to read and don't want to ruin it for her.

My book challenge has become more tricky as I have a new phone with a reader app on it.  It's calling out for me to download some books just in case I'm ever stuck somewhere without a book. But as Meldujour tells me (everytime I bring it up). I've always got a book with me.


I've also realised just how much I look at books, even if I'm not going to buy them. I work in the town centre and I almost always pop into Waterstones 'just for a look'. We have several cut price book shops and lots of charity shops as well. Not to mention supermarkets and book stalls on the market. And when I popped into the library (for a dvd) they were having a book sale!!  So i'm surrounded by books and can't buy any. Think of the money I'm saving.

My next book in "American Gods" by Neil Gaiman. I've enjoyed his books before and have a couple more of his on my shelves that I haven't read yet.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. you do not go anywhere you may get stuck as you would almost always drive there. Also, you always do have a book with you, also it is bad for your eyes and head to read off a tiny backlit screen.
    That is all.

    ReplyDelete